Whilst studying this course students will develop their skills in programming, systems analysis and design, software development. Upon successful completion of the course, students can pursue a career in IT within the public or private sector.
Frequently Asked Questions
Introduction to Computing
This module will explore the functions of computing systems and the basics of design, configuration and routine maintenance.
Introduction to Programming
This module examines the basis of how programming fits into the broader aspects of usage of applications.
Introduction to Databases
This module will enable understanding of database design and development and enable students to develop and design a database and explore solutions to meet client brief . Learners will learn how to design a database.
This module is concerned with the analysis of IT and computing needs to develop requirement specifications and develop and test prototypes.
Systems Analysis and Design
This module provides an understanding of IS concepts and how they relate to organisation needs in respect of business processes and transformation of information.
E- Commerce Applications
This module explores the role of eCommerce in the modern world and in particular the identification of aims and objectives within a business and the design issues arising from the definition of requirements.
Human Computer Interaction
This module will develop students understanding of principles and models of Human Computer Interaction and evaluate existing HCI design and principles and use this to help them plan their own prototype multimedia user interface.
IT and Society
This module examines the impact of technology on society and explores trends and changes created. It will examine management issues and potential conflicts in terms of security and data management.
Information Systems Project Management
This module explores elements of project management key to successful development and implementation of specific IT projects.
Management Information Systems
This module focuses on understanding concepts of information systems and how they support business needs in terms of information processing and data processing.
Innovative Technologies in Computing
This module looks at innovative trends and disruptive advances taking place and examines the new generation of skills and knowledge that will be required to work successfully in the sector.
Computing Research Methods
This module will explore the knowledge and skills required to undertake research in this field and the qualitative and quantitative approaches required including use of literature and design of research proposals.
Software Development Methodologies
This module looks at the role of systems engineering in development of software and various models of data, software and processes using modelling approaches.
Computing Project Planning
Creating and managing projects has changed over the years with the development of sophisticated IT Software, this Module focuses on how being a project manager in the 80’s differs to being a project manager in today’s world.
Strategic Management Information Systems
This module is concerned with developing an understanding of the strategic role of MIS within the organisation and how it impacts on the broader objectives and strategy of the business.
Ethical, Legal and Professional Issues in IT
This module explores current issues in the IT sector and how these may impact on areas of security, confidentiality, privacy and the law.
Network Design and Management
This module explores the principles of networks and network design and implementation and support of network systems.
Web Based Development
This module will explore the design, deployment and management of virtualisation and explore its commercial and potential impact.
This module will enable an understanding of the importance of digital security to business, to understand industry standards of digital security and be able to recommend improvements in security.
This module focuses on understanding database design and development includes advanced languages to analyse and query database data. Students will research database management and critically test and evaluate databases.
To enrol onto this course, you must be at least 18 and have a full secondary education. Before enroling on to the Level 5 course, you must complete the Level 4 or equivalent.
The qualifications emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding in the business sector. They are particularly suitable for more mature learners who wish to follow a study that is directly related to their work experience or to an aspect of employment that they wish to move into in due course. On successful completion of these qualifications, national recognition by employers enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study.
A possible progression path after a level 7 Extended Diploma, is to enter a university MBA top-up programme. Students who complete the Extended Diploma are eligible to progress onto MBA (Top-up) program to complete required 60 RQF credits from either of the following four group partnered Universities.
Applicants must have attained the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University
- English Proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 and above
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Minimum 2 years of work experience preferred
Documents Required for Application:
- Duly Filled Application form
- Academic documents
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your passport or citizenship
- A photograph
- Understand effective leadership behaviour theory and practice
- Understand how organizational structures and culture impact on the effectiveness of the organization
- Understand how the organisation can improve employee effectiveness to respond to business opportunities
- Understand organisational decision making.
Global Business Strategy
- Be able to analyse the international business environment
- Understand the impact of globalization on business organisations
- Understand the importance and nature of Corporate Social Responsibility.
Strategic Resource Management
- Understand the role of human resource management in supporting business strategy.
- Know how to develop human resources in organisations.
- Understand the role of physical resource management in supporting business strategy
- Understand the role of marketing in supporting business strategy.
- Understand the role of information systems management in supporting business strategy
Finance For Strategic Manager
- Understand the role of financial information in business strategy.
- Be able to analyse published financial statements for strategic decision making purposes
- Understand how businesses assess and finance non-current assets investments and working capital
- Understand different ownership structures and how they influence and measure financial performance.
- Be able to develop an appropriate research question for a business research project
- Be able to develop a research proposal.
- Be able to undertake a literature review.
- Be able to use data and information collection and analysis techniques
- Be able to present research with conclusions and make recommendations based on research carried out.
- Be able to plan and agree a programme of related projects that support the strategic plans of an organization
- Be able to lead a programme of related projects.
- Be able to evaluate a programme of related projects.
- Understand how to create a culture of continuous improvements.
- Be able to analyse opportunities for improvement to organizational activities.
- Be able to plan and lead change within an organization.
- Understand the global sustainability agenda
- Understand the concept of the sustainable business organization.
- Understand sustainable strategic planning
- To understand and apply the principles of strategic leadership in a business environment
- Review and apply the principles of business management within industry
- To understand and apply the principles of strategic management in a specific environment
- To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the business world.
- Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth
- Level 7 qualification will provide managers/supervisors with an opportunity to enhance their strategic management and Leadership skills by applying the theories and concepts learnt, in managing the strategic level decision making at the workplace.
- This Master’s level qualification equips learners with necessary skill set & module credits to progress onto the MBA (top-up) program.
- Studying the qualification online is the most cost-effective way to complete a Level 7 qualification as eventually, a learner completes with a MBA (top-up) Degree from Renowned UK University. Fees are substantially less compared to studying the full program at the University campus.
- Vocational assignment based assessment will examine work-based problems, and motivate learners to apply tools, models and theories, to real work life situations.
- Gaining this valuable master’s level UK qualification boosts the chance of promotion and a salary increment for learners in their current or future workplace.
Admission to the MBA programme is by application and acceptance.
You’re expected to have:
- A recognised University Degree or PGD Level 7 Qualification
- A minimum of two years professional work experience
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 (achieved within two years of your application date, and with no score lower than 6.0 in each section)